Happiness

Happiness...It's a choice that you can make everyday. No one can dictate to you how you should live your life to be happy. Only you, yourself, will know how to do that. It's a feeling, and only you will know when it feels right.

"You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace." - Ernie Banks

The choices I make everyday are what makes me a happy person. I always look at the bright side of things and I count my blessings instead of yearning for what I don't have. There's so much to be thankful for. Happiness makes me a strong person. It gives me the courage to make mistakes, to forgive, forget, compromise and accept apologies I've never received. Happiness helps me love and nurture those around me to my fullest everyday. It made me learn to appreciate the little moments in my life, whether it was cooking for the people I love, seeing them happy or just simply telling them how my day was. The most important thing that happiness has taught me is to do whatever comes my way as well as I can and never expect anything back.

As Oprah says, "Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough." Don't waste your time thinking about who you ought to be, just be content with who you're becoming.






Comments