Bhut Jolokia Brownies

The Bhut Jolokia - measuring more than 1 million Scoville Heat Units, discovered by Dr. Paul Bosland of New Mexico State University's Chile Pepper Institute, is named the hottest chili pepper in the world by the Guiness Book of World Records in 2007. 

A good friend of mine recently graduated from NMSU and brought me an interesting bag of brownies to bake. It's Dr. B's Bhut-Kickin` Brownies! Brownies mixed with the hottest chili pepper in the world?! I must try this, I said. It sounds so good already (I'm a big fan of chocolates and spicy food). 


[The ingredients were simple - hot water, butter (I only used 3 tablespoons), eggs and the brownie mix]



[I used a "chocolate" bar brownie pan from Williams-Sonoma]


[nom nom nom]

This is actually my third time baking these - and this is the best batch I've made. Tip: make sure the butter is cooled all the way before mixing it in. They turned out fluffy and moist! Basically, it's a decadent dark chocolate brownie with a kick (Bhut-kicking, literally). As you bite into the brownie, the intensity of the flavor and spiciness of the Bhut Jolokia unfolds. The heat lingers in your mouth for a little bit, but it'll leave you craving for more. I can't wait to make these again... Thank you again, Kyle, for these excellent brownies! 

 Support the Chile Pepper Institute! You can purchase these Bhut-kickin` Brownies here. Profits from Brownie sales go toward the Chile Pepper Research Endowed Chair, an endowment managed by the non-profit New Mexico State University Foundation. Not only will you get awesome brownies, but you're also supporting an international organization devoted to educating the world about chile peppers!

Comments

  1. Ooo I gotta try making spicy brownies! And I love that baking pan! Did the brownies have hard edges? That's the best part :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they sort of do! :) I'll make these again when you visit! <3

      Delete

Post a Comment